Crossroads Truck Training Academy has been training and educating Canada’s professional Truck Drivers for close to 20 years.  All of the commercial driver courses offered at our campuses in Ottawa and Smiths Falls are registered under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.  As such students have the opportunity to apply for a variety of funding options, depending upon their circumstances.

If you are paying for your course personally, or if you are not eligible for any grants or government funding, we offer a number of different payment options:

  • Most major banks offer a Student Line of Credit to qualified individuals
  • Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) funds
  • Registered Education Saving Plan (RESP) funds
  • Life Insurance – you can borrow against the cash value
  • Major Credit cards
  • Your relatives and friends might be approached to assist you

Are you currently receiving Employment Insurance benefits, or have you been laid off in the past several years?

If the answer is yes, you might be eligible for funding through the Ministry of Training, colleges and Universities Second Career Program – you can apply through your local Employment Ontario agency (link to list of agencies)

If you are currently working, but faced with layoff because of your lack of a commercial license:

The Canada-Ontario Job Grant can be accessed by any Ontario-registered company to provide funds to upgrade the skills of their workforce.  If a commercial license would ensure your position or lead to advancement within the company, this government grant repays your company up to 5/6 of the training course fees. COJG application form

Are you a member, or former member, of the Canadian Military?

Canvet and SISIP can be approached by military members who were injured during service, or who have completed their service.

Are you a New Canadian?

Your immigration counselor may have some funding options for you.

Do you have First Nations status?

Contact your Band office to see if they have a training fund.  You can also contact ODAWA, KAGITA MIKAM, METIS NATION OF ONTARIO, LARGA BAFFIN

Are you underemployed (minimum wage, no more than 20 hours per week), or receiving assistance from Social Services?

Ontario Works may be able to assist you with up to $5000 in training grants.  Contact your local Employment Ontario office for application advice.

Do you have a disability, or work related injury?

You can apply for funding through insurance or disability claims organizations, March of Dimes, or the John Howard Society

Crossroads administrative staff are here to help you with your funding application process as well as introductions to local agencies who can assist you with information and career advice.

If you wish to apply for a personal loan the TTSAO recommends you contact to consider that option. Application is simple, start by clicking on the appropriate campus below.