LET’S GET STARTED
It’s easier than you might think!
Shift into First Gear: Do some research and decide which class of license is suitable for your driving goals, then call Crossroads to get the ball rolling.
Second Gear: The pre-requisites are really simple: you must…
- be over 18 years of age,
- have a full G Ontario license have completed grade 10 English, or the equivalent
- complete an MTO medical at a clinic or your family doctor’s office.
DOWNLOAD MEDICAL FORM Print pages back to back otherwise Drive Test may not accept it
- get your driver’s abstract (3 year driving record – unregistered)
Third Gear: Investigate your funding options and decide which is the best route to take. Depending upon your circumstances you may be eligible for a government grant or subsidy. Click here to review your funding options
Fourth Gear: Your Crossroads counselor will guide you through the registration and enrollment process and will be available all through your course with advice if you need it and to monitor your progress.
Fifth Gear: Our Placement Program is second to none.
Throughout your course, recruiters from some of Canada’s major transportation carriers will be visiting the school to tell you about opportunities in the industry, encouraging you to consider their company as your best way into the industry as a newly licensed driver.
WHY CHOOSE CROSSROADS?
- For close to 20 years our school has been registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005. This ensures the quality and integrity of our schools and means that our courses are eligible for funding and qualify for income tax deductible receipts (T2202A).
- We are a long-time member of the Truck Training Schools Association of Ontario (TTSAO) whose mandate is to “provide the trucking industry with the highest quality driver training programs for entry-level individuals …”
- Fully qualified instructing staff. Not only are our trainers experienced commercial drivers, they also have a variety of qualifications through professional transportation organizations such as the Ontario Safety League as Master Fleet Trainers, the TTSAO, Ontario Trucking Association, Natural Resources Canada Smart Driver instructors, etc. Together with our dedicated administrative team, we offer excellence in training programs, customer service and ongoing support to our students.
- Industry and Insurance endorsed Curriculum. Our ACZ Courses, offered at each of our campuses, are approved and certified by the TTSAO and Canada’s major commercial insurance companies. Our programs are updated on a regular basis to keep pace with employer criteria.
- With a variety of government, public and private financing options available to prospective students, our counselors are skilled at identifying where funds may be obtained and which specific financial means an individual may qualify for.
- On-site and in-house Training. Our two campuses are all-inclusive training facilities where we conduct both our in-class and practical sessions. This ensures that training time is not wasted on traveling between locations.